The First Caspian Economic Forum in Turkmenistan in the tourist zone Avaza was held on August 11-12. Also, within the framework of the forum, the Caspian Exhibition of Innovative Technologies and the exhibition “Turkmen Steppe-2019” were organized at the International Seaport of Turkmenbashi. The idea of holding the Forum was proposed in August 2018 by the President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov at the fifth summit of the heads of the Caspian states in Kazakhstan's Aktau, where the Convention on the Legal Status of the Caspian Sea was signed.
A number of international events were organized within the framework of the Forum. As a result, it was recommended to carry out the following actions:
1. To take the necessary steps to increase the attractiveness of the economies of the Caspian littoral countries with a view to further actively integrating the Caspian region into the international economic space.
2. To encourage investment attraction and stimulate innovation in the energy, industrial, transport, trade and other sectors of the economies of the Caspian states.
3. To further strengthen regional cooperation in areas such as socio-economic development, environmental protection, science and innovation, and the exchange of economic information.
4. Strengthen cooperation and coordination between the countries of the Caspian region and the United Nations system, including the UN regional commissions.
5. Hold Caspian economic forums on a regular basis in the coastal cities of the Caspian states.
Forum participants expressed gratitude to the President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov for the high level of organization of the First Caspian Economic Forum and the hospitality.